Saturday, April 24, 2010

Stella Paige Moreno's Baby Shower



On February 28th, 2010 a very anticipated day arrived! I have always imagined how my baby shower would be if I were lucky enough to have one. Well it was beyond my expectations. My Mom, sister, Best friend Ericka, and Stella's Nina Nathalie with the help of many more wonderful friends created a pink wonderland of Anne Geddes and Roses! It was at Stella's Italian Restaurant in Dana Point.The centerpieces were bright and exactly what I wanted. The vibrant colors of Pink, orange, and yellow made it cheery and perfect. Mario suprised me and made a CD for all the guests with songs that I would listen to throughout IVF that inspired me with an attached heartfelt note from him. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. The day before it poured rain and I was a little worried even though it was in a covered patio with a fireplace. But the day of the shower it was warm and the sun was shining!! My guests were beyond generous and the clothes line made by my friends was adorable! Stella is going to be one stylin' little girl. Fifty guests attended and we had amazing italian food and played games. All the gifts were amazing but a few that I would like to mention is the handmade bassinet Stella's Godmother Nathalie had made for her. I couldn't take my eyes off of it with the black and white damask and hot pink bow with a personalized pillow! Three adorable diaper cakes were made for her that all matched her nursery. Then there was a moment where only my mom and I would understand but 7 years ago when I was having trouble conceiving, my mom and I were shoppinh in a boutique and I came across thsi adorable bunny outfit. I really wanted and she said someday I would have it not knowing that 7 years were going to pass by. So when I finally did get pregnant my mom went on a search to find it. Needless to say it was quite a surprise when I opened it! I can't wait to see my little "Thumper" in it. I have been calling her that for awhile now because that is what she feels like when she moves. We always say Thumper is up :)



















No comments: