Thursday, April 22, 2010

Nine Months and Waiting

So after an exciting nine months of pregnancy I am attempting to blog again for my sweet daughter Stella Paige who should be making her debut any time now! After a very difficult second round of IVF we received a phone call from Dr. Werlin on Sept. 2,2009 telling us that we were finally pregnant!! Mario collapsed to the floor and I continued to argue with the doctor that I wasn't. It was such a shock for the both of us we didn't know how to react. We immediatley got in the car and drove to my parent's house to tell them. There are no words to describe that day and I think that's why this blog is so difficult to write. Until Stella is in my arms healthy I am still reserved and feel like I have been holding my breath for nine months. Although she continues to remind me its real with her many kicks and movements it is surreal for me. The weeks following I had some complications with my ovaries due to the stimulation process and I also developed a bleed. I was put on bedrest once again and then we finally went in to Dr. Werlin's for an ultrasound. The First time we saw her inside the sac was on Sept. 16th. We continued to go in weekly for ultrasounds until I was 12 weeks and we graduated to an OBGYN.

No comments: